Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Freedom At Last!

Just got back from the doctor's office and the catheter is gone! Woo-hoo. A few men have to get it reinserted if normal function doesn't return within 8 hours. But I have already had one trip to the men's room (sorry, too much info again) so I think I'm OK.

The nurse removed one of the two remaining staples. However, a small spot at the top of my incision, just below the belly button, is not healing as fast as the rest of the incision. They said this may have to heal from the inside out, but were not concerned. It seems to not be infected. I just have to keep it clean and dry.

I was a bit disappointed that Dr. Gaylis was not in today, so I did not get the final pathology. But I know what it says. All margins clear with one ambiguous spot at the apex (lower part of the prostate where it meets the sphincter). Pathologists suspects the margin was invaded, but Dr. Gaylis disagrees. I think they are arm wrestling over the final report. I go back on October 10, and will get the final version then. I am sure that I am healed, so I am not worrying about this.

Thank you all again and again for your care, l;over and prayers. The journey is not over. Today was a major milestone.

Praise God, and Thank You, Lord, for your loving kindness.

No comments: