Monday, September 8, 2008

One Week to Go!

Exactly one week from right now, I should be in the middle of surgery. I am first up at Sharp Grossmont Hospital in La Mesa. I should arrive at 5:30 AM, and surgery is set to start at 7:30 AM. Hope by noon to be in the recovery room and on the way to healing.

I am doing very well. Still have periods of fatigue, but that is not so bad.

I have a busy schedule this last week before surgery. Most of the medical stuff is done, except for the hospital pre-op visit Wednesday afternoon. I'm trying to get the routine details tended to so I can rest and recover for the following two to three weeks.

If all goes as planned, I hope to return to work October 6 (giving me three full weeks to recover). I'm under no illusion that I'll be 100% by then, but just hope I will be mobile and able to return to work.

It has been gratifying to hear from friends from years ago, and new friends I have made in the HealingWell.com Prostate Cancer Forum. HealingWell is an online support group, and they have been awesome in supporting me through all this. Bless you, all!

No comments: