Friday, September 19, 2008

I am home!

The surgery on Monday, September 15, was much more extensive than anticipated. It lasted 4 hours. Dr. Gaylis told me it took him two days to get over my surgery. He wasn't joking. The bottom line is my Guardian Angels helped pull me through, and Dr. Gaylis is very confident he got ALL the cancer! Doxology!!!

I spent 24 hours in ICU, not the normal recovery for Prostate Surgery. Lots of reasons why, but mostly my vitals all dropped dangerously low. More overtime for the Guardian Angels. Anita and Kimo were there to help see me through the rough times.

I have nothing but good to say about the doctors, nurses, and staff at Sharp Grossmont Hospital in La Mesa. They gave me excellent care. And a special word of thanks to Dr. Gaylis and Dr. Dato who performed the surgery.

I got home about 1 PM yesterday (Thursday) and am taking it very easy. I am extremely weak, have bouts of dizziness and nausea, and wrestled with a pain level of 12 on a scale of 1 to ten this morning. In spite of giving two units of my own O- blood, I narrowly avoided having to be transfused.


I am surprised I have been able to sit up long enough to type this update...but know many of you want to know how things went.

I cannot adequately express my gratitude for your care, concern and prayers. While the doctors were busy bringing healing and wholeness to my weary body, the Guardian Angles reminded me how fortunate I am to have so many people who love me and care about me. They also said you clogged up the prayer lines in heaven. I will remember that for the rest of my life.

No comments: