Thursday, October 2, 2008

Thursday Thoughts

Having had major surgery which included insertion of a catheter, I was not able to determine which aches and discomforts were due to the surgery and which ones were due to my new "artificial appendage". Now that it is gone, I can tell many of the aches were due to the catheter. Don't get me wrong, it was not painful.; and it served a critical role in my recovery.

The last couple days have been excellent. I was able to sit in my office chair in my home office (as opposed to the overstuffed comfy recliner where I have lived the past two weeks). Never thought I would celebrate sitting in an office chair over the recliner. This bodes well for me being able to return to my office at Otay on Monday.

I have also been able to return to having meals at the dining room table, instead of the TV trays Anita has so carefully prepared for me. Anita has gone back to work full days as of yesterday, and I am managing quite well by myself. She calls to check on me. And Chris is here until about noon every day, so I am well cared for.

I began today getting rid of anything that reminds me of being sick. By that, I mean I am trying to put everything at home "back to normal". Granted, that means putting some things out of site (in the medicine cabinet, for example). I want to think WELL, and not SICK.

I am feeling WELL, thanks to the Great Physician, my doctors, my family and friends.

Enjoy God's blessings today.

No comments: