Sunday, September 14, 2008

Sunday - Show Time

Well, after such a long wait, I'm finally down to crunch time. In a few hours I'll head to the hospital, and the surgery will begin.

The last couple days have been dedicated to taking care of last minute details.

Anita, Kimo and I took Chris out to dinner last night. His birthday is Friday (the 19th), but this was the last time all of us could be together for such a meal.

My orders state no solid food after noon today. Just clear liquids. At four, I start drinking Golyte to flush out my system. And after midnight, nothing...not even water.

The schedule calls for us to be at the hospital by 5:30 AM tomorrow, and surgery will begin at 7:30. Dr. Gaylis said it will take two hours, but I know he was just trying to be reassuring. More likely, it will take three to four hours. I will be in la-la land, and time will not be my concern.

Thank you all for following these daily blogs. I'm looking forward to continuing them when I get home and on the road to recovery.

As I enter surgery, I will focus on the band of guardian angels whose help brought me to this point, and upon your prayers that have helped me find strength for this journey.

Bless you, everyone.

1 comment:

lindabarnett said...

Hope you are feeling well and recovering quickly!

Linda