Thursday, September 11, 2008

Thursday Thoughts

The trip to the hospital went well yesterday. Chest X-ray, blood work and tons of paper work. That should be the last of my preparation. I got to see where I will check in and where my gurney ride will begin.

Blue Shield, my insurance provider, sent me a CD with what they call guided imagery. It has very restful music along with narration to calm my fears, focus on a successful surgery and quick recovery. It has helped more than I expected. Studies have shown that people who have a peaceful, positive approach to surgery have less pain and quicker recovery. I'm all for that!

I will be the first to confess that I do not "do sick" very well. My biopsy was a good (or bad) example. I get very grumpy when I am sick. So I hope to make this as positive an experience as possible.

I will attend the SANDAG (San Diego Association of Governments) IT Managers meeting downtown this morning, and then take care of last minute details at work this afternoon. Tomorrow if my Flex Friday, so when I leave work today, it will be the last time until I return in October.

Here is wishing you a day full of blessings and wellness.

No comments: