Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Wednesday Update

I have a strong sense of wellness today. Each day, I can tell I'm getting better and stronger. It is no longer difficult to get up and down in bed or in the recliner. I can tell the incision is healing well, too. Of course, everything is relative, and I know this is a long process. But I am amazed at how well things are going. There is no pain at all, only occasional discomfort.

By this time next week, I hope to have the final pathology report. Dr. Gaylis is confident he got all the cancer. There was one tiny point in the "apex" of the prostate where he and the pathologist differed on their interpretation of a "clean margin" (meaning the cancer has or has not penetrated the edge of the prostate). Think of it as an orange: Was the cancer all inside the orange, or had it penetrated the orange peel? So they will take a closer look under the microscope to get a better reading. Obviously, we hope they find it was a clean margin, and have faith that will be the end of my treatments.

This whole experience has given me a testimony of faith and healing I wish to share with others for the rest of my life.

May God grant you health, wholeness and love today.

No comments: