Monday, October 13, 2008

Oncology and Radiation

I visited my oncologist this morning, and decided that I will have radiation therapy after all. It makes little sense to have the surgery and hope that we got it all when we can be as sure as possible. So the regiment should start in a couple weeks. They will consist of daily (Monday through Friday) treatments for about six weeks (about 30 treatments). There are a few side effects, but I will be able to continue work as long as my old nemesis "fatigue" doesn't get to me. They tell me the daily radiations take about 20 minutes (most of that getting prepped and in place - the actual radiation is only a minute or so).

A friend of mine at Healing Well said he "fired all torpedos" when he learned he had prostate cancer. So that is what I am doing. As Dr. Kossman suggested at the onset, we should be as aggressive as possible. For me that will now include hormone therapy, surgery and radiation. No reason to return to the airport with unused bombs still on the plane when we are in all-out war.

I hope you are all doing well today.

Thank you, Lord, for every blessing.

No comments: