Saturday, July 26, 2008

Let the weekend begin!

It's a great Southern California Saturday. The grandkids are here and we are having some special family time. I feel great.

I met with the urologist yesterday, and things are settling down for a month. I pushed back my stress test, blood donations, and other pre-op procedures until late August. So now I have a month to work on losing some more weight and getting as healthy as possible for surgery.

I am not a candidate for the new robotic prostate surgery, so mine will be the old fashioned type surgery. Robotic surgery has a lot of advantages, not the least of which are no incision, less blood loss, and quicker recovery. But when they need to insure a "clean margin" around the prostate, and take some lymph nodes, as in my case, the old fashioned surgery works best.

The doctor says when I finish this month's supply of Casodex, I can go off that (at least for now). So I will have two months of this hormone therapy completed by surgery. It should shrink the tumors in my prostate and make the surgery go easier.

Well, we have a busy schedule today, so I'll sign off for now. I hope you all have a wonderful weekend. Hope your worship this weekend is extra special.

Bless ya'll.

No comments: