Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Hump Day

It's Wednesday, and I'm doing very well.

Wow, what an earthquake! Yes, I felt it. First thought: someone was running and stomping on the floor above me. I thought, "Someone had better make their children behave. They are running wild!" Then I realized, this is an earthquake. Not my first, but they always catch you off guard. We Southern Californians live in a virtual paradise, but earthquakes and wildfires bring us back to reality. No damage around here, and from what I hear on TV, not much damage near the epicenter. \

UPDATE: I hopped onto the scales this morning and as hard as I tried, I could not get above 310 pounds. For a 6'5" guy, I am admittedly overweight. When Dr. Sharazi weighed me about six weeks ago, I weighed 327. Yikes. That is the heaviest I have ever weighed. Today my scales at home (we have the doctor office type scales with the doohikee that slides left and right) I weighed 309. Granted, those are two different scales, and one was fully dressed (shoes, wallet, cell phone, key ring) and the other was in PJs. That's 18 pounds in six weeks. (I'm smiling!) Look out 295, here I come.

Offer praise and thanksgiving to God for being alive in this wonderful world today!

No comments: