Monday, August 25, 2008

3 weeks and counting

Surgery is three weeks from today. I feel great.

Things kick into high gear starting today. At 5:00 PM, I visit the SD Blood Bank to "make a deposit". My surgeon wants me to set aside some of my own plasma for surgery. One unit today and one next Wednesday.

Friday, I have a "stress test".

Today I am back down to 301 pounds, down from a high of 327 three months ago. While I am happy that I've lost over 25 pounds, I am frustrated that I cannot seem to break the 300 barrier. My goal is 295 by September 15.

I am so grateful to have the opportunity to get my cancer removed by surgery. Many folks do not have that option.

I am also grateful to read almost daily of new breakthroughs in cancer research.

Live this day, and every day, to its fullest!

No comments: