Monday, December 1, 2008

IMRT Starts

Well, I'm back after another pause in my treatment. The relaxed schedule has been good for me, and I now know why they delayed the next phase start date. It has taken me three months plus to heal from surgery. That does not mean I am 100% healed, but the last month has been a good one for me getting back to a state of normalcy.

Tomorrow (Tuesday, Dec. 2) I go to radiology for setup work (x-rays and such, I guess). Then Wednesday, I start my treatments with the first of 35 weekday treatments of Intensity-Modulated Radiation Therapy (IMRT). IMRT permits the delivery of a high dose of radiation to the cancer while minimizing dose to other sensitive organs.

Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving. We surely did, with so many things to be thankful for.

Hard to believe it is December, but time marches on. I am feeling very well, and ready for the next phase of my war on prostate cancer.

Bless you, everyone.

No comments: